Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Microdermabrasion facials.

Ever wonder why your favourite celebrities such as Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz and Kate moss always seem to be glowing? The secret is Microdermabrasion. It’s a non-surgical approach to skin rejuvenation.
Microdermabrasion is a system of intense exfoliation and resurfacing that rejuvenates the skin. Ultra fine crystals strike the skin to remove its outer layer, known as the strata corneum. At the same time a vacuum tube sweeps up both the crystals and the skin’s cellular debris.
The production of collagen and elastin is stimulated, which results in a firmer, more youthful looking skin (win win)

It can treat:
Active acne and acne scarring
Fine lines
Ageing skin
Dry dehydrated skin
Stretch marks
Pigmentation, blemishes and cellulite
Sun damage scaring
Uneven skin tone
Benefits:
Visible results immediately
Healthy/radiant skin
Painless
Non-surgical
Treatment process
Cleanse and tone the skin- Each treatment area is first cleansed to remove make-up and impurities and create traction on the skin for the microdermabrasion to work better.
Microdermabrasion- It gently and precisely exfoliates target areas to reveal fresher younger looking skin.
Mask- (not always the case in some salons so don’t be surprised if they don’t use one) A chosen mask to suit your skin type will be added onto the skin to help improve the results from the microdermabrasion treatment (and who doesn’t love a mask whilst lying down relaxing).
Moisturise- The treatment area is massaged with a hydrating moisturiser which will lock in moisture and help to repair the skin’s surface. Remember ladies it is important to moisturise even if you have oily skin as regular moisturiser applications are vital to replenish moisture and prevent the skin from becoming dry and peeling.
Possible side effects
After your treatment the skin may feel tight so again it’s important to use a good facial moisturiser (and not E45 as I have heard some ladies have used in the past). And if your skin is anything like mine it will go bright red for about an hour (yes you will look like a tomato) BUT if you avoid touching the area this will go down rather quickly.

This treatment is great for both Men and Women between the ages of 14 (with parental consent)- 65 depending on skin condition.
I have a Microdermabrasion facial around 4 times a year, depending on your skin condition this will be different for you, you may need to start off with a course of about 1-2 a week for about a month and then start to have more of a gap between treatments.
After your Micro facial do not wear heavy make-up that day, no swimming or facial waxing before or 24 hours after, no Botox, collagen injections or dermal fillers for 48 hours and no AHA, glycolic, retinol or exfoliating products. If your skin feels hot splash with cold water and moisturise. If you are planning on going out in the sun ensure you apply sun protection.
I hope that this has given you a good insight to Microdermabrasion facials, if you live in or near Shrewsbury, Oswestry or Welshpool then I recommend this salon-koalasbeautysalon.   If not then Microdermabrasion is a popular treatment and I’m sure it will be in a salon near you.
Speak soon
Sal
Xxx
Estee Lauder vs Illamasqua foundation review and Origins Ginzing review coming soon
Ps. I apologise there are no photos of myself having the treatment or before and after, this is because I recently had a Microdermabrasion facial before starting up my blog so no photos were taken, My Mum has kindly modeled instead for me, as soon as I have my next Micro facial I will put some photos up for you to see J
Me applying the face mask
Me performing Microdermabrasion treatment on mum

Close up



The hand piece


The Micro machine

5 comments:

  1. Great post :) I really want to try this as I think it would really help my skin! I might one done when I come home next :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks corrie :) I can deffo recommend, my skin was so clear for weeks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, full of information. I've been researching this for a while now, it's just finding the right place to get it done that I'm struggling with! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks hun :) that use good facial products are bound to do a good Micro facial. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Microdermabrasion is a fast, pain-free and non-invasive procedure that can give you smoother, more youthful skin.The procedure is non-chemical and noninvasive, and one that uses spray of microcrystals.

    ReplyDelete