Sunday, 6 November 2011

My hair care routine.


Hello ladies

Hope your all having a good weekend so far??

I thought I would share my hair care routine with you all. It’s not a rocket science routine, its easy peasy and with no ridiculously priced products (I would love to use ridiculously priced products but my purse is looking a little empty right now.)

Basically I suffer with a super sensitive and dry scalp. My hair type is fine and naturally straight. I am also suffering with dry hair at the moment so I find my scalp really suffers when I use heavy products.

I have finally found a hair care routine that suits my hair type and doesn’t upset my scalp...

I read a few weeks ago about a product on FleurDeForce's blog called Eucerin- Its a scalp treatment shampoo that isn’t heavy yet moisturises my scalp and hair, it doesn’t leave any product build up, keeps my hair shiny and smells nice too. Being a blonde I also find scalp treatment shampoos also tend to make my hair go really yellows but eucerin does not do this to my hair. I bought it from Boots for £8.73

For conditioner I use Aussie miracle moist conditioner. I find if you suffer with dry hair then you can’t miss out on a good hydrating conditioner.  I only use this on the tips of my hair as I find most Aussie products can leave product build up on my scalp. I bought it from boots for £3.99

Then to finish it off twice a week I use moroccanoil. As this is such a popular product on blogs I won’t go into details as I’m sure you already know about it. I only buy the 25ml one for £12 from a local hair salon as the large one is around £30, and I never have enough money at the time to buy that size.

Products that I avoid when I am suffering with a sensitive scalp or which are generally useless:
  • James Brown High Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner-just a useless product. I found that it doesn't make my hair any shinier and doesn’t particularly smell is nice either. I expected more from his products.
  • VO5 Nourish Me Truly Shampoo  and Conditioner– leaves product build up- even if I stand under the shower for ages trying to rinse it out. It makes my hair go greasy really quickly too.
  • Most Aussie Shampoos leave product build up causing my scalp to be super itchy.
  • Neutrogena T Gel Shampoo -I find this shampoo smells horrible and other people notice the smell to and it makes my hair go a funny colour.
  • Original Source Shampoo & Conditioner Pear Avocado Moisturising Damage- This was the ‘source’ of my problems. It gave me product build up, it made my scalp itchy, my hair went greasy quickly after using it and it made my scalp super dry and tight giving my constant headaches which resulted in me visiting the doctors. This product is just too harsh.

To keep my hair in the best condition I try to keep using heat appliances to a minimum- So only straightening and curling my hair if I’m off on a night out or a posh meal the rest of the time I just don’t bother.

Hope this helps you all. Let me know any products that you have tried and like :)
Speak soon
Sal
Xxx


Theses products may be perfectly fine for your scalp and hair, I personally can not get on with them and it is my own opinion I am not telling you not to go out and buy them, it is just information on what they are like for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment